Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Saying Goodbye to a Dear Old Friend

Tonight we, here in the Jackson-Browning household, suffered the loss of a friend who has been with us (well, me) for over four years.

Tonight, my green flip-flops - the first flip-flops I ever bought - broke.

The tragedy happened as we were walking into Wal-Mart. Sam was walking behind me and acccidentally stepped on the back of my flip-flops. I kept walking and stepped through the flip-flop breaking the top part of it. I was devistated. Sam was devistated. We were both devistated - and we still had to go about our Wal-Mart shopping trip. It was awful.

Now we have both faced the facts that my flip-flop cannot be saved and thus must be "let go." I must say, however, that I am taking this loss MUCH better than Sam is. I think he has issues with death.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you both in your time of loss...

EAK said...

Not the flip-flops! No!!!!!!
Alack, alas, and woe.