Thursday, November 17, 2005

Cold...Grumble Grumble Grumble...

I hate cold weather. In fact, I loathe being cold. I try desperately to deny that winter exists by warding it off by wearing flip-flops 9 out of the 12 months of the year. I hate having to dress like that kid from A Christmas Story to go outside only to have to strip to my skivvies because it's so hot once I get inside (since someone has turned the heat up to 'Bake' because no one can stand the cold.)

Now, before you Northern-types get all huffy with "Cold? You call that cold?!?" let me just say yes. Yes I do call this cold. I am from the South, I live in the South, I like Southern temperatures. (Can a sister get an amen?) Keep your near freezing wind chills - I'd rather have suffocating humidity. And don't give me that "you can put more clothes on if you're cold but you can't take more clothes off if you're hot" crap. Yes you can. And you can also have iced drinks, swimming pools, and other fun cool down activities when it's hot. During winter what do you have? Huddling in front of the fire trying to ward off hypothermia. Fun.

I'm like a tropical plant. Once it gets around 50 degrees, I've gotta stay inside with a blanket wrapped around me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go gather nuts for my hibernation. I'll see you in Spring.

No comments: