Sunday, October 30, 2005

Old Me v. Now Me: Irreconcilable?

Ok, readers, (yes, I'm pompous enough to call the 5 of you who stumble haphazardly across my blog "readers") tonight I pose a question to you: is it possible to be friends with someone now who knew you when you were a different person? I don't mean a "I was Henry and now I'm Rose" different, but different views, ideas, stances than when they knew you.

Is it possible to be friends without
1. feeling like you are reverting back to your old self
2. disappointing them because you aren't who they thought you were
3. having them compare the new you to the old you

How do you let an old friend know that you are different?

On a lighter note, we definitely saw some people driving around high tonight. It would have been more entertaining had we not been the ones behind their ridiculous slow-ness (re: the Black Sheep scene).

No comments: